Curriculum & Instruction Director
Status: Full time
Benefits: 100% individual coverage with a platinum-level health care plan, retirement investment plan, and flexible schedule to promote optimal personal health
Start Date: April 2022
About One World Education
One World Education leads the largest writing program in the Capital Region with in-school and afterschool programs that connect writing to social justice. With a mission to transform students into writers with voice, knowledge, and purpose, students in 90% of its schools show statistically significant gains in research and writing skills. For more than a decade, students participating in One World programs have become critical researchers and skilled writers, two essential skills for college and career success.
You are an experienced teacher looking to reshape your love for education and deepen your focus on exceptional learning without classroom distractions. You are passionate about writing and excited to train teachers to be confident, informed, and prepared so they can deliver exemplary writing instruction. You’re also committed to data and program innovations, and you possess the skills to create new curricula tools and resources for teachers to lead their strongest lessons.
As the leader of One World’s in-school program, you’ll oversee all aspects of curriculum development, professional development, teacher support, and evaluation to show impact and to grow partnerships. Most importantly, you are an exceptional teacher trainer who can strategize and personalize professional development so regardless of how teachers enter, they leave feeling supported, confident, and prepared to elevate instruction and learning. Experience with digital platforms and adult learning is preferred.
Program Leadership (50%)
- Lead all One World Program activities to partners
- Build strong relationships with school/program leaders
- Support onboarding process with new partners
- Observe program activities to drive continuous improvement
- Lead program communication documents and tools
- Produce quarterly program updates and reports
- Author quarterly blogs to spotlight work, key findings, and trends
- Engage in relevant conferences and panels
Curriculum & Professional Development (40%)
- Lead development of all curriculum materials and student materials
- Develop varied platforms and lead all professional development
- Extend support and frequent communication to ensure completion
- Oversee ongoing improvement of all program activities and resources
- Identify and lead a multi-year curriculum innovation plan
- Continually assess opportunities to merge digital tools into programs
- Oversee One World Academy to assess curriculum fidelity and innovations
- Oversee all assessment implementation
- Strategically update program evaluation tools, metrics, and reporting
- Lead partnerships with external evaluation groups
- Ensure completion of impact reports in a timely manner
- Collaborate with Program Director to present data to school partners
Note to Applicants: Commitment to Equity & Diversity
One World Education welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and strongly encourages candidates of color to apply because this makes our team and work stronger. We offer equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibit discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This position consists of regular work time beyond the normal workday several times a year. A revised work schedule will be developed during these periods to clarify expectations. The position includes typical physical and mental demands that require prolonged sitting, eye-hand coordination, and manual dexterity sufficient to operate office equipment. Requires a normal range of hearing and eyesight to communicate with staff, stakeholders, and the Board. With a need to attend in-person programming and meetings (when healthy to do so), the position requires being in the Washington, DC area.