Position: Development Manager (click for PDF)
Status: Full time
Benefits: 100% individual coverage/75% family coverage with a gold-level health care plan, retirement plan with employer match, and flexible schedule
Location: Hybrid, Washington, DC-based
Start Date: April-June 2023
About One World Education
The mission of One World Education is to transform students into writers with voice, knowledge, and purpose. Through a program model that connects writing to social justice, One World Education (One World) leads the largest writing program in Washington, DC schools, serving 25 DC schools and 5,000 students annually. Since 2007, students participating in One World Education programs have become critical researchers and skilled writers; two essential skills needed for college and career success.
You’re eager to advance your development and fundraising career with a multi-year plan to be a Development Director making more than $100,000. You are also an amazing writer, detailed oriented, overly organized, and love to interact with people around important causes. Our passionate team seeks a colleague to share their experience and interest to grow in the position’s core responsibilities below.
- Complete 4-5 (on average) grant applications and reports per month
- Manage grants calendar, foundation opportunities, entry, and tracking in Salesforce
- Research and contact new grant opportunities
- Conduct background research for all stakeholder meetings
- Review and submit all grants and reports
Government Grants and Contract Management
- Manage and ensure full compliance for all government grants
- Complete and submit monthly reimbursement and all grant requirements in EGMS (OSSE) and other government grant management systems
- Gather data from the program team for semi-annual grant reports
- Perform all required close-out and reimbursement procedures
- Manage donor stewardship process, from gift entry to acknowledgments
- Arrange and prepare for donor and funder meetings
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3 years of grant writing/development experience in the nonprofit sector
- Some experience with Enterprise Grants Management System (EGMS) preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required
- Unwavering commitment to educational equity and improving public education
- Comfort managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to positively influence and build relationships with a diverse array of stakeholders
- Impeccable judgment to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders
Commitment to Equity & Diversity
One World Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity – we are and want to continue to be people of multiple ethnicities, perspectives, and life experiences. We seek qualified candidates from all backgrounds who believe in our mission and align with our values. We prohibit discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
This position currently operates in a hybrid manner, but we require our staff to be available to work out of One World Education’s Washington, DC office and to attend local program and development events. Remote work requires logging onto your One World Education-issued computer during work hours, responding to emails, and participating in video calls and meetings throughout the day; therefore, access to high-speed, reliable internet is crucial. One World provides all required equipment and supplies to undertake the tasks of the job (laptop, monitors, and other accessories).
This job consists of regular work time beyond the normal workday several times a year. The position includes typical physical and mental demands that require prolonged sitting, eye-hand coordination, and manual dexterity sufficient to operate office equipment. Requires a range of hearing and eyesight to communicate with staff, stakeholders, and the Board. With a need to attend in-person programming and meetings (when healthy to do so), the position requires being in the Washington, DC area.
As the trajectory of the COVID-19 pandemic continues to unfold, One World Education may adopt different operating practices in the future that could require more in-person work.